Sunday 17 February 2008

Season 2 Episode 12

Compromises
First Aired: 17/Feb/2008
<< S2E11S2E13 >>
Mario: I'm so over it. It's like, the nicer the car, the smaller the tip.
Scotty: Mario is a valet at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Kevin: Oh, I love that place. I take a lot of clients to the Polo Lounge.
Jordan: How can you even breathe in that place? So many stuffed shirts.
Scotty: Where do you want him to go? He's a lawyer, Jordan.
Kevin: They, they actually do a great burger.
Scotty: Hey!
Quinn: Gentlemen!
Jordan: Q!
Quinn: You made it!
Scotty: Quinn, this is Kevin.
Kevin: Hi.
Quinn: Oh, the infamous Kevin.
Scotty: Quinn is one of the promoters here.
Quinn: And we're doing karaoke night tomorrow. It's gonna be off the chain.
Mario: Yes.
Kevin: You know what? I'm not actually a karaoke type.

Kevin: Oh, look. I'm stuffing my shirt.
Scotty: Okay, I know my friends weren't the warmest last night.
Kevin: I should've worn a parka.
Scotty: They were just being protective.
Kevin: From what, me?
Scotty: You have to admit, our history's been a little bit checkered.
Kevin: I'm not solely responsible for the checkering, okay? Did you tell them any of the good stuff?
Scotty: Yes. They just happen to remember the other stuff. They'll warm up to you. You're different. They're more bohemian.
Kevin: Come on, admit it. They just think I'm boring.
Scotty: No, they just think you're... uptight.
Kevin: I am not uptight.
Scotty: Okay. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Kevin: Okay, fine. I'll see you after my long, uptight day at work.
Scotty: At least they think you're cute.

Sarah: And that's just meant to be okay that you're taking Paula? Look, fine.
Kevin: Do you think I'm uptight?
Sarah: Yes.
Kevin: Why, because I wear a suit?
Sarah: Come on, Kevin, I'm not in the mood for one of your neurotic freak-outs.
Kevin: What's wrong with you?
Sarah: Joe is taking Paula to Paris for her birthday.
Kevin: So?
Sarah: So, I told Joe that I wanted to be whisked off to Paris for my birthday. Well, she stole my present. Or he stole it and gave it to her.
Kevin: Did you get the divorce papers that I sent you?
Sarah: Don't change the subject.
Kevin: Did you sign them?
Sarah: I will. Later. I've been busy. We should go out.
Kevin: No.
Sarah: You're uptight, I'm not going to Paris. This deserves an outing. You and me. Tonight. We can commiserate.
Kevin: I don't need to commiserate.
Sarah: Then watch me commiserate with a bottle of tequila.
Kevin: You don't need a brother. You need to get lucky.
Sarah: Oh, come on. It's not my senior prom. I just... I want to go out, let my hair down, and get savage.
Kevin: Okay, now you're scaring me.
Sarah: That's because you're uptight.
Kevin: I'm...
Sarah: Come on, Kevin. We're Walkers. Let's go do what Walkers do best.
Kevin: Get drunk? Okay.
Sarah: Okay.
Kevin: Okay. But I get to pick the place.

Sarah: Two Patrs, please.
Bartender: You got it.
Kevin: We're doing shots?
Sarah: We are having fun. To hell with Joe. Paris, it's such a cliché anyway. What are you looking at?
Kevin: What?
Sarah: Hey, isn't that Scotty?
Kevin: Where?
Sarah: It is Scotty. Let's go say hi.
Kevin: No. No, he can come to us.
Sarah: Oh, yeah. This is one of those "I'll prove them wrong" nights. I got it. Gotcha.
Kevin: I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just here to have fun with my big sister.
Jordan: That's him. Right over there.
Sarah: Uh-oh. We've been spotted. Oh, my God.
Kevin: Quick. Have fun. Have fun.
Sarah: Yeah.
Scotty: Sarah, hi.
Sarah: Hey!
Scotty: I didn't expect to see you here.
Kevin: Hi.
Sarah: Yeah, we're just having fun.
Kevin: Sarah wanted a night out, and she loves karaoke, so...
Sarah: Fanatical.
Kevin: Perfect.
Sarah: Actually, Kevin and I, we're going to do a big duet.
Scotty: Really?
Sarah: Yep.
Kevin: No.
Scotty: Okay, well, I'm glad that's settled.
Kevin: I would, but my throat's a little sore, so...
Sarah: Liar.
Kevin: Traitor.
Scotty: Well, you guys are welcome to come and join us.
Sarah: You know, we will.
Scotty: Okay.
Sarah: Later.
Kevin: Great. Now he wants me to sing.
Sarah: Oh, you're singing, baby.
Kevin: Do you have any idea how stupid people look when they sing karaoke? No chance.
Sarah: Two more Patrs, please.
bartender: Coming up.
Sarah: God, you are so uptight. Do you want Scotty's friends to know what a warm, caring, fun guy Kevin Walker is?
Kevin: Yes.
Sarah: Then drink up and get stupid with me.

Sarah: How about Dolly Parton? You love her.
Kevin: No, I don't.
Sarah: Yeah, remember in high school you said she had the only pair of breasts you ever noticed? 9 to 5.
Kevin: No, no, no, no. Scotty's friends think I'm obsessed with work. Something less corporate.
Sarah: Okay, Free Bird.
Kevin: Yeah, what are we supposed to do for a three-minute guitar solo? Dance?
Sarah: I don't care. No. We get up, we express ourselves! Come on! This is our chance.
Scotty: No! No, no, no!
Sarah: What?
Kevin: I'm not ready. What are you doing?
Sarah: Singing.
Kevin: No, we're supposed to sing.
Sarah: No, we can't even decide on a song.
Kevin: I hate you.
Sarah: Oh, go get drunk.

♪ Believe ♪ originally by Cher ♪ Listen
Sarah:No matter how hard I try
Sarah: You keep pushing me aside
Sarah: And I can't break through
Sarah: There's no talking to you
Sarah: So sad that you're leaving
Sarah: Takes time to believe it
Sarah: But after all is said and done
Sarah: You're gonna be the lonely one, oh
Sarah: Do you believe in life after love
Sarah: I can feel something inside me say
Sarah: I really don't think you're strong enough, no
Sarah: Do you believe in life after love
Sarah: I can feel something inside me say
Sarah: I really don't think you're strong enough, No
Sarah: Do you believe in life after love
Mario: Honey, you made me believe there is life after love.
Sarah: Okay, then make me believe because I can't even bring myself to sign my divorce papers.
Jordan: What man in his right mind would divorce you?
Sarah: Okay, I love your friends.
Scotty: Oh, the feeling is definitely mutual.
Sarah: Okay, so my soon-to-be ex is about to vacay to Paris...
Kevin: "Vacay"?
Sarah: ...with his new girlfriend who happens to be his.... first wife.
Mario: Shut up!
Jordan: You need to sign those divorce papers and move on. Where are they now?
Sarah: They're in the office.
Jordan: So get someone to bring them here.
Sarah: What, now? I can't do that.
Mario: You see this? It's a little thing called a cell phone. Get those papers and sign them now.
Sarah: No, I can't.
Mario, Jordan, Quinn etc.: Come on. Do it. Do it. Do it.
Quinn: Do it.
Sarah: Okay! I'll do it.
Graham: Graham Finch.
Sarah: Graham. It's Sarah. What are you still doing there?
Graham: I can barely hear you. You at a concert or something?
Sarah: No, I'm in a bar.
Graham: Are you drunk-dialing me?
Sarah: No. Listen, the thing is I need my divorce papers. Could you have somebody bring them over to me? They're in the top right-hand drawer of my desk.
Graham: Yeah, well, what's the rush?
Sarah: Graham, please, can you just for once do what I ask you, please?
Graham: Okay, where are you?

All: Yeah!
Sarah: Yeah! Oh, my God. Is that...
Quinn: Is that your messenger?
Kevin: He's not a messenger. He's a stuffed shirt.
Mario: He doesn't seem too button-down to me.
Kevin: Excuse me.
Sarah: Graham, what are you doing here?
Graham: Well, I called a messenger, but he wasn't comfortable picking out a woman in an unknown bar. But I can see that it wouldn't have been difficult.
Sarah: Graham Finch, these are my new best friends.
Scotty: Hi.
Graham: Hi. Here you go.
Quinn: Do it, girl. Be strong.
Jordan: Believe, girl.
Sarah: I will be divorced in three, two, one. So, I'm a divorcée. Does that make me hotter?
♪ What's new pussycat? ♪ originally by Tom Jones ♪ Listen
Kevin:What's new, pussycat?
Kevin: Whoa, whoa
Kevin: What's new, pussycat?
Kevin: Whoa
Kevin: Pussycat, pussycat, I've got flowers
Kevin: And lots of hours to spend with you

♪ Always On My Mind ♪ originally by Brenda Lee ♪ Listen
Kevin:Maybe I didn't love you
Kevin: Quite as often as I could have
Graham: Your brother's really something.
Kevin:Maybe I didn't treat you
Quinn: Okay, he's not uptight when he's drunk.
Kevin:Quite as good as I should have
Jordan: Girls, I never thought I'd say this... I don't hate him.
Mario: Where are you going?
Kevin:If I made you feel second best
Scotty: This is incredibly sweet, but I think I should probably put him out of his misery.
Kevin:Girl....
Scotty: They like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment