Sunday 8 October 2006

Season 1 Episode 3

Affairs of State
First Aired: 8/Oct/2006
<< S1E2S1E4 >>
Previously on Brothers and Sisters:
Scotty: I usually steer clear of your kind. I like a man who's not afraid of a little eyeliner. Well, you know, a lot.

Kevin: What's up?
Voice: Scotty Wandell is here.
Kevin: OK, Gimme 30 seconds, and send him in. I have a thing.
Sarah: Yeah? There's no such thing as a binding verbal agreement, is there?
Kevin: Uh, if the arrangement Dad had with these people was ongoing for more than a year, even if it was just a verbal agreement, yeah, it could be enforced in a lawsuit, which could get expensive.
Sarah: What should I do?
Kevin: I don't know. Re-hire them. Make it right.
Sarah: What's the point of having a lawyer if they can't help you?
Scotty: Tell me about it. Hey, you're...
Sarah: "Great shoes." Or Sarah, Kevin's sister.
Kevin: Yeah.
Scotty: Scotty. Nice to meet you. For a second, I thought maybe you were his beard.
Kevin: Only to the senior prom.
Scotty: Your older brother's a peach.
Kevin: Younger.
Sarah: Thanks for the compliment.
Kevin: It's not compliment. He used it to insult me.
Scotty: Hardly. I like older guys.
Sarah: So, Scotty, are you a client?
Scotty: I'm a witness. Well I think I'm far more than a witness, but all he ever talks about is the case.
Kevin: We're gonna clock here, so...
Sarah: OK.
Kevin: Yeah.
Sarah: Scotty, how would you like to come to a party tonight at my mom's?
Kevin: No, Sarah!
Sarah: It's a pool party. My whole family will be there.
Kevin: No!
Scotty: I'd love to. Should I bring a suit?
Sarah: What's your e-mail address?
Scotty: Mollyjustmight at hotmail dot com.
Sarah: Great! Well, we'll see you tonight.
Kevin: Take a seat. Bitch.
Sarah: No, but payback is.

Scotty: Red velvet cupcakes.
Kevin: Oh, wow. That's, that's really nice of you. Um, thank you, Scotty.
Scotty: My own recipe.
Kevin: Look, I, I just wanna be real clear with you, OK? My sister invited you here to get back at me.
Scotty: For what? Being so cute?
Kevin: Yeah. Yeah, that and, and refusing to be her tool. You see, she's fighting with my brother, and I wouldn't be tricked into taking sides.
Scotty: Oh, so you don't want me here.
Kevin: It's... it's wildly unprofessional. OK? You know, the witness at the pool party, it's not how you win cases.
Scotty: Well, I'm more than just the witness at the pool party. I'm Scotty Wandell from Oxford, Mississippi, son of Wally and Bertha.
Kevin: There's a Wally Wandell?
Scotty: Yes.
Kevin: Wow.

Scotty: And that's your dad. Of course.
Kevin: Yup, the Unknowable king.
Scotty: A leader of men?
Kevin: No, not really. As it turns out, just a man. And one who has, after his passing, been causing us all a great deal of trouble.
Scotty: May I ask?
Kevin: No, you may not, you're just the witness. But it's what men do, right? And speaking as a gay one, I've never been able to master the art of being faithful.
Scotty: Oh... that. That's too bad. But then you can't be faithful to anything until you know why you should.

Scotty: Could someone pass the mango peach salsa?
Nora: Would someone please pass the mango peach salsa to Scotty?
Scotty: Thank you.

♪ Easier To Lie ♪ by Aqualung ♪ Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment