Sunday 1 May 2011

Season 5 Episode 21

For Better or for Worse
First Aired: 01/May/2011
<< S5E20S5E22 >>

Scotty: ♪ My Daniel is eating his carrots ♪
Kevin: ♪ My Daniel is eating his peas ♪
Scotty: Yeah, ♪ My Daniel is eating his carrots ♪
Kevin & Scotty: ♪ So eat some more carrots for me ♪
Scotty: Oh! Oh, look at him. He is so adorable. That perfect little nose-- I want to eat it right off his face.
Kevin: I think he's gassy.
Scotty: Yeah, he is.
Kevin: Yeah.
Scotty: Oh, you got diapers, right?
Kevin: Yeah, they're in the bag with the sippy cups.
Scotty: I love when he uses his sippy cup.
Kevin: Me, too.
Olivia: Hi. Guys, I need to go.
Kevin: What? Go where? Hmm? Oh, my God. It's Wednesday soccer practice. Uh, I have a client at 4:00. Can you take her?
Scotty: No, no, no, I can't take Daniel in the car. Remember, I don't have the right size car seat. The right one doesn't come until tomorrow.
Olivia: I'll just take the bus.
Scotty: No.
Kevin: You're not gonna take the bus.
Olivia: I took the bus lots of times before I lived here.
Kevin: Well, maybe, but that was then. This is now. I'll just cancel my client.
Olivia: You don't need to do that.
Kevin: Yes, I do.
Olivia: I'll go get my stuff.
Scotty: It's okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay. I know. I know. Hey, it's okay. Shh, shh, shh.

Kitty: Oh, poor Sarah. I mean, can you imagine what she's going through?
Kevin: She's tough. She can handle it.
Kitty: I don't know. You should've heard her on the phone when she called me. Yes. Oh, yes. You know, Aunt Kitty took the red-eye, and Aunt Kitty does not do red-eyes. And Aunt Kitty doesn't normally leave her son. All the way back east with her boyfriend. That is how worried Aunt Kitty is. Look at you. I know. I know. I hear you. Could you be any cuter?
Kevin: No. I mean, every time I look at him, my heart literally wants to jump out of my chest with love.
Kitty: Mmmm. Wow, looks like Scotty. Sorry.
Kevin: Oh, shut up. You know, I thought I'd feel weird about not being the bio dad. I totally feel like his father.
Kitty: Mm.
Kevin: I mean, not that I need to tell you that.
Kitty: No. I was so meant to be Evan's mother.
Kevin: You see? It's all about love.
Kitty: I wish Sarah could see it that way. Okay. Okay. Go see your daddy. You take care of Daniel. And I am gonna go take care of Sarah.
Kevin: Wave bye-bye.
Kitty: Bye-bye.
Kevin: Wave bye-bye. Bye, Aunt Kitty.

Kevin: Olivia, what were you thinking? This isn't like you.
Scotty: You intentionally knocked over someone's food tray?
Olivia: She wouldn't let me sit at their table.
Scotty: So you knocked over her food?
Kevin: Okay. So what are we gonna do about this? So that it doesn't happen again.
Olivia: I don't know.
Scotty: Okay. No cell phone, no video games for a week. Okay. Olivia, I-I know this is a confusing time for you. It's confusing for all of us. None of us were expecting Daniel in our lives. But if you feel like you need more attention, this is not the way to go about getting it.
Olivia: You need to sign it so I can bring it back to my teacher.
Kevin: Oh! Olivia, be careful!
Scotty: I will deal with that.
Olivia: Sorry.
Kevin: Don't swing your bag like that. Pick it up.
Olivia: You pick it up.

♪ Damn Liar (Youngjared Remix) ♪ by Chely Wright ♪ Listen
Justin: They'll understand. Luc, let's go.
Kevin: Hi. What? When? No, no, no, no. I'll meet you there. Olivia just, uh, she just showed up at her old group home. She-- she snuck out. She ran away.

Kevin: How did you even get here?
Olivia: I took the bus.
Kevin: Alone at night?
Olivia: I told you, I used to do it all the time.
Kevin: Olivia, that does not make me feel better.
Scotty: Ahhh, Olivia, thank God you are okay. I was worried sick about you. Is she all right?
Kevin: Yeah, I think so.
Olivia: So who's with Daniel?
Scotty: Uncle Saul, but that doesn't matter right now. What matters right now is you. Olivia, you are never, ever to leave the house without letting us know where you are going, ever. Is that clear?
Kevin: Okay, sweetheart, we know things have been crazy at home, and that hasn't been fair to you, but we're gonna solve this problem, but we're gonna solve it as a family. You are as important to us as Daniel. Do you understand that?
Olivia: Why? He was your first choice, and now you have him.
Kevin: But we found you. Somehow life brought all four us together, and that is not gonna change.
Olivia: But you don't need me anymore.
Scotty: Hey, Olivia, I think we need you more than ever.
Kevin: Yeah.
Scotty: 'Cause, you know, the thing about Daniel is, he is in a brand-new home, sleeping in a brand-new bed, meeting all these new people. Does that remind you of anyone? You're the only one who really knows how he feels. So-- help us show him that we're his family. And that we're not going anywhere-- Ever. Do you think you can do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment