Sunday 21 October 2007

Season 2 Episode 4

States of the Union
First Aired: First Aired: 21/Oct/2007
<< S2E3S2E6 >>
♪ The Sea ♪ by Morcheeba Listen
Saul: Wow, wow, you said a few people.
Milo: Well, you know what they say, 30 is the new few.
Saul: Yeah. I just... I don't know. I wasn't expecting...
Milo: All men?
Saul: Yeah.
Milo: Well, I guess I should've warned you, but then you would've found an excuse not to go.
Saul: Come on, Milo. I may be a lot of things, but I'm certainly not that.
Milo: Come on. We can catch up.
Saul: Good, 'cause I don't know anybody here.
Milo: What will you have?
Saul: I'll have a gin martini straight up. Very cold. Olives, please.
Scotty: Duck rellenos with jalapeno relish?
Milo: I'll be right back. Try these. They're great.
Saul: Okay.
Scotty: Saul. Scotty. I'm Kevin's ex. We met last year at Nora's. The most awkward dinner party ever. The one with the fantastic mango peach salsa.
Saul: Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, I remember her dinner party, yeah. No. Thank you. Nice to see you, Scotty.

Scotty: It was a big, gay cocktail party. What more do you want from me?
Kevin: Details. You're not honestly insinuating Saul was there.
Scotty: No, I'm not insinuating. He was.
Kevin: Okay, so it was all gay men and Uncle Saul?
Scotty: Why do I feel like I'm being cross-examined? All I said was, "You never told me your uncle's gay." I was making small talk.
Kevin: Small talk? This is small talk. "Nice weather we're having." This is my Uncle Saul we're talking about. I'd think I would know if he were gay. You know what? A lot of straight people go to gay parties.
Scotty: I'm just saying, if you'd seen the way he and this Milo guy were looking at each other...
Kevin: Oh, wow. They looked at each other. How incriminating.
Scotty: Why are you being so defensive?
Kevin: He's dated women. He even dated my dad's mistress for God's sake.
Scotty: You said that relationship was doomed from the start. And how many 60-year-old men do you know who have never had a serious relationship with a woman? Kevin, it's time for you to take off your Prada shades and open your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment