Sunday 25 November 2007

Season 2 Episode 8

Something New
First Aired: 25/Nov/2007
<< S2E7S2E9 >>
Kevin: That doesn't look safe.
Scotty: It lowers your blood pressure.
Kevin: Yep? So does a glass of wine with far less risk of paralysis. Why aren't you working?
Scotty: I'm on days. We could go back to writing notes if actual conversation is too weird. Oh, sorry. No messages.
Kevin: Of course not. Do you wanna be my date for kitty's wedding?
Scotty: Oh, how appealing. A spite invite?
Kevin: No. Yes. A-a little. You know going to a wedding alone is torture.
Scotty: What about Jason?
Kevin: Reverend "god forbid I call you back" won't be there.
Scotty: Yeah, but his brother Robert will. What will he think?
Kevin: Who cares? Miatello's is catering. They're serving those little gorgonzola and potato pizzas with saffron and sage.
Scotty: You had me at "gorgonzola."
Kevin: Thought so.

Scotty: I come with decadence.
Kevin: Wow, what happened? Did you rob the long beach aquarium?
Scotty: We had a chichi 6-year-oldirthday party at the restaant-- "A Little Mermaid" theme. Turns out the kids couldn't bear to eat sebastian. The mermaid's best friend? Anyhow, their drama, our dinner.
Kevin: Great. Uh, would sebastian like a little melted butter on the side?
Scotty: I don't know, but I would.
Kevin: Marvelous. Light some candles. I'll be right back.
Scotty: Oh, candles? I mean, it's just takeout, when you think of it.
Kevin: Yeah, sure. Yeah, sure, no candles. Uh.. well, we can still have champagne, right?
Scotty: Sure.

♪ What Are The Chances ♪ by Chris Pierce ♪ Listen
Scotty: Kevin. Kevin. Go to bed.
Kevin: Actually, could you take your foot? It's digging right into... sorry.
Scotty: I should go to my air mattress.
Kevin: Yeah, you should.

Kevin: Hey.
Scotty: Hey.
Keiv: You're going to the gym?
Scotty: Yeah, have to. Working in the kitchen demands it, or you end up, you know, with-
Kevin: I know, with love handles like me.
Scotty: I think we've already established I have no problems with your body.
Kevin: Nor I yours. Look, about last night,
Scotty: You don't have to say anything. I know what happened. You were vulnerable. Your boyfriend's million miles away, and I was a warm body after lobster dinner. Add champagne and voila... Mistake sex.
Kevin: What if it wasn't a mistake?
Scotty: Kevin, you don't have to make me feel better by turning yesterday's nostalgic sex romp into something that it wasn't.
Kevin: I'm not. Believe me, I'm not. Yes, of course I miss him. You know, why wouldn't I? He's not calling me. But it's like what we had, he's put into this compartment, and now he's gone back to his first love, which is god or the church or... or something. I don't know. But it's certainly not me.
Scotty: You don't know that. When people are far away...
Kevin: Look, I know how I feel, so just let me feel that way get hurts.
Scotty: Hey. It'll be all right. I promise.
Kevin: I'm not so sure.

Kevin: Hello? Hello, Jason?! Oh, my God! Oh, my God, I've missed you. No, no, I'm sorry. No, it's just your voice. You... well, why haven't you call me? No, God. No, of course I know the service is spotty. No, I'm good. I'm good. I just... I... yeah, well, I need... I need... I need to talk to you, too.
♪ Apologies ♪ by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals ♪ Listen
Kevin: Cleaning or packing?
Scotty: Packing. A friend offered me her couch. I think it'll be easier this way.
Kevin: Yeah, you're right. It would be easier. But difficult is sometimes good, you know? It forces you to do things you didn't think you could.
Scotty: Oh... we can do it, Kevin. We always seem to end up... doing it. What we never seem to understand is that it gets us nowhere.
Kevin: I finally spoke with Jason.
Scotty: Good. I'm glad. I...
Kevin: I broke up with him.
Scotty: Kevin, why do you always have to be such a drama queen? So he didn't call you for a couple of weeks.
Kevin: It's not that. Scotty, when I first met you, I thought we...
Scotty: Kevin, if you're about to romanticize what we had, just...
Kevin: I'm not. That's the whole point. Because what we had was... it... it was messy. You know, we were hot and cold and back and forth, all over the place. But I wanna be back there with you. Because I wanna be honest about who I am.
Scotty: Did you tell Jason we slept together?
Kevin: Yes, I did. Look, I know I'm... I'm asking way too much of you. But like I said, easy isn't all it's cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment