Sunday 7 December 2008

Season 3 Episode 10

Just A Sliver
First Aired: 07/Dec/2008
<< S3E9S3E11 >>
Kevin: Oh, wow. I think I have blisters.
Scotty: You wanted to lose 5 pounds so you could gain it back for Thanksgiving.
Kevin: How far did we run?
Scotty: Two miles.
Kevin: Two miles? That's it, two miles?
Scotty: Yeah.
Kevin: That felt like 22. Oh, it's Tommy.
Scotty: He fired you months ago. Get over it.
Kevin: How would you like it if your own brother fired you?
Scotty: I don't have a brother. Stop being so childish.
Kevin: You stop being so childish. Hey.

Scotty: This hospital has the worst food. I mean, it's not even food. It's some horrible facsimile of food.
Kevin: Don't be too hard on it. It may be my last meal. Or Justin's.
Justin: That's not funny, bro.
Scotty: No.
Kevin: I was...
Tommy: There you are. Listen, I just spoke to the doctors, and she needs the transplant.
Justin: Oh, God, Tommy. Are you okay?
Tommy: Yeah. I'm fine. Everything's fine. Kevin, it's you.
Kevin: Really?
Tommy: Yeah.
Kevin: Okay.
Tommy: They wanna run some more tests, make sure you've never had hepatitis. Stuff like that.
Kevin: Yeah. Sure.
Justin: Congratulations.
Tommy: Look, he can pass out cigars later. We... We gotta get to the lab.
Kevin: Sure. I'Il... I'll see you later.
Scotty: Yeah.
Justin: You okay?
Scotty: No. Are you?
Justin: No, not really.

Scotty: Hey. Umm, I'm gonna go home and get some stuff for Kevin.
Nora: Oh, no, no. Let me go. You stay here.
Scotty: No, you won't be able to find anything.
Nora: Well, I'll find it if you tell me where it is. Oh, Justin, why don't you guys come with me?
Justin: I just told you I wanna stay.
Nora: Well, go out for a walk there.
Rebecca: Yeah, let's go for a walk.
Justin: I don't want a walk, okay? I want another bag of chips.
Scotty: Um.. well, thanks. I'll make a list for you.
Nora: Okay.

Scotty: Hi. Oh, look, Sarah. This room is lovely.
Sarah: Hi. I wouldn't know, Ma. It's pretty hard to see through the forest.
Nora: Well, honey, just put it down over there.
Sarah: Hey.
Nora: Where's Kevin?
Kevin: Right here.
Nora: Hi, honey. How you doing?
Sarah: Hey.
Kevin: Hey, I'm fine. Well, I'm wearing a dress with no backside. I've been better.
Nora: Well, I brought everything you wanted from home.
Sarah: And then some.
Nora: Yeah. So let's see what we have here. Your dop kit.
Kevin: Great.
Nora: And your pajamas.
Scotty: Oh, Nora. Those aren't his pajamas. These are my pajamas. I should've gone...
Kevin: Scotty, it's okay. I love your pajamas.
Scotty: Yeah? It's okay.
Sarah: Here's your iPod.
Kevin: Thank you.
Justin: Oh, that's great. We can listen to show tunes all night.
Nora: Whatever Kevin wants.
Sarah: Okay, I'm ordering Chinese.
Kevin: I can't eat anything.
Sarah: I know. That's why I'm gonna order shrimp, because you're allergic.
Kevin: How thoughtful.
Scotty: I don't think I could eat a thing......
Sarah: I'd like to place an order, please. One shrimp lo mein, one special fried rice with shrimp. What do you want, Justin?
Justin: Beef with broccoli.
Sarah: Two beef and broccoli, with shrimp.
Kevin: Sarah, you don't have to order everything with shrimp. I'm not even hungry.
Sarah: No, that'll be a pickup. Thank you.
Nora: When are they taking you in in the morning.
Kevin: Oh, some awful hour like 5.
Scotty: Kevin, I think what you're doing is incredible. I don't think I would be so brave.
Kevin: Well, you're not a morning person, honey.
Nora: No, Kevin. You're being amazing.
Kevin: I am amazing.
Nora: Hi, Tommy.
Sarah: Hey, Tommy. You hungry? I just ordered Chinese. You can have shrimp, shrimp or shrimp.
Tommy: Well, you must be happy, Mom.
Nora: Why on Earth would I be happy?
Tommy: Everybody's here, together, for Thanksgiving, just the way you wanted it.
Sarah: Tommy, that's not fair.
Tommy: Well, then stop treating this like one of your dinner parties. I mean, this isn't another Walker family get-together.
Nora: Tommy, that's not what we're doing.
Tommy: Just enjoy your dinner.

Kevin: Are you asleep?
Scotty: No. Are you?
Kevin: No. Wow, you look like you're in the first-class cabin of Swiss air. Seeing as I'm awake, I might as well sign some of these forms. Can you pass me that pen, please? Thank you.
Scotty: What are they for?
Kevin: Everything. This one's authorization of payment.
Scotty: Payment? You're giving them a piece of your liver. Isn't that enough?
Kevin: Oh, no. No good deed goes unpunished. Informed consent. They wanna make sure I'm aware of all the risks involved, which include: " Loss of limb function, paralysis, stroke, brain damage... "
Scotty: Okay, good. Thank you. Moving on.
Kevin: Hopefully, I'll end up with a scar and nothing else.
Scotty: Well, I like scars. I think they're sexy.
Kevin: This one needs to be notarized.
Scotty: Notarize? What is it?
Kevin: Power of attorney.
Scotty: You're an attorney.
Kevin: Not if I'm on life support. And as my husband, you'd be in charge of pulling the plug or not.
Scotty: Okay, this is all starting to get a little too... um... real.
Kevin: Yeah, I might sign that one in the morning. It's a good thing we are married. If it was up to my mother, she'd never pull the plug, and I'd be a vegetable for all eternity.
Scotty: It's not funny, Kevin.
Kevin: I know it's not funny, but please don't get serious on me now. We have the whole operation to get through.
Scotty: I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm scared.
♪ Duet ♪ by Rachael Yamagata ft Ray Lamontagne ♪ Listen
Kevin: I know. Come here. Everything is gonna be fine. I promise you.
Scotty: I know.
Kevin: Come on.
Scotty: Oh.

Sarah: Oh, here he is.
Nora: Hey.
Sarah: Is he under yet?
Scotty: He's on a drip. He's high as a kite.
Justin: Oh, there he is.
Sarah: Oh, no, here he is.
Saul: Hey, buddy boy.
Kevin: My whole family is here. That's so nice.
Nora: Kevin, sweetie, it's gonna be over before you know it. Just relax.
Kevin: Mom, they shaved my chest. I look like Michael Phelps.
Kitty: I think he's pretty relaxed.
Scotty: I'm gonna be the first person you see when you wake up.
Kevin: Okay, tell them to take a little off the sides.
Scotty: Whatever you want.
Kevin: Ahh.
Kitty: Okay, good luck.
Justin: Good luck, bro.
Sarah: Bye, Kev.
Kevin: Bye.

Justin: What? Oh, my gosh.
Scotty: Here they are.
Julia: Oh, my God. It's Thanksgiving.
Nora: Yes.
Tommy: I can't believe you did this.
Sarah: Well, we decided the bird was ambulatory, so we dressed him up, drove him in.
Kitty: Hey, guys. Sorry. Sorry I'm late, but here is the lime Jell-O with walnuts and bananas. I have no idea what that has to do with Thanksgiving, but I'm not gonna eat it.
Justin: I think it actually comes, like, from early colonial times. It was something with... Something to do with scurvy.
Nora: It's Justin's favorite is what it is.
Justin: Yeah.
Kitty: Shut up.
Saul: Kitty, it was very nice for Robert to come.
Kitty: Oh, come on, Saul. Don't be sarcastic. He's got his whole family in town, and...
Saul: Excuse me. I wasn't being sarcastic. It was very nice for Robert to come.
Kitty: Robert. Hey, how are you?
Robert: Hi, honey.
Kitty: You didn't have to come.
Robert: Yes, I did. I missed you.
Kitty: Are you... Are you hungry?
Robert: Yes.
Kitty: So how's Kevin doing? I haven't seen him today.
Scotty: Oh, you know, he's grumpy when he's awake, and he moans when he's asleep, which he's doing right now.
Sarah: Everybody grab a chair and assume your usual positions. Oh, except for Justin. We decided to let you sit at the big person's table this year.
Saul: No. No, no.
Justin: Yes. I made it. Uncle Saul, I made it.

Rebecca: I forgot to tell you, those nurses send their compliments to the chef.
Nora: Oh.
♪ Glorious ♪ by Melissa Etheridge ♪ Listen
Saul: Okay, everybody, attention. I have a bottle of sparkling apple cider, and it's an excellent year.
Sarah: You know, everybody in this building is on some kind of drug, and we can't even drink. That's not fair.
Robert: And that's not sparkling cider.
Sarah: Oh... I'd like to try the sparkling apple cider, Uncle Saul.
Saul: Some sparkling apple cider for sister Sarah, please.
Kitty: Since when did you two become Amish?
Nora: Rebecca, you don't have anything on your plate.
Rebecca: I'm saving room because we're going to my mom's later.
Saul: Certainly hasn't been stopping Justin, has it?
Rebecca: Yeah, seriously.
Justin: I just don't want to hurt Mom's feelings.
Scotty: Julia, could you pass me the cranberry sauce?
Justin: Oh, I think I may have finished that.
Rebecca: Justin.
Justin: What? I mean, I can give you some of my cran...
Scotty: No, that's fine.
Nora: You know, I've got a toast. To Elizabeth, my strong, little granddaughter, who, this year, out of all the Thanksgivings we've spent together, has given us so much to be thankful for.
Julia: Thank you.
All: To Elizabeth.
Sarah: Oh, and I'd like to propose a toast to Paige and Cooper, who couldn't be here. You know, I've had a little taste of why Mom was so disappointed at the idea of not having Thanksgiving with her children. So to Mom, thank you for this fabulous meal.
All: Yeah.
All: To Nora.
All: Cheers.
All: Thank you.
Kitty: Okay, I have... I have one more toast. Sorry, just one more. Every Thanksgiving, when Mom asks Kevin if he would like a piece of pie, Kevin always says the same thing, and then he proceeds to eat half of the pie all by himself.
Nora: So true.
Kitty: So here's to Kevin, who this year, gave new meaning to the phrase: "Just a sliver. "
All: Ohh.
Saul: Just an ...
Kevin: That is the worst, most tasteless toast I have ever heard.
Nora: Oh, Kevin.
Kevin: Hey, Mom.
Nora: Look at him.
Justin: How you feeling?
Kevin: I'm fine. Just a bit.
Kitty: Oh, no, no.
Nora: No, no, no. You don't want any sparkling apple cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment