Sunday 11 April 2010

Season 4 Episode 18 - 19

Time After Time
First Aired: 11/Apr/2010
<< S4E17S4E20 >>
=== 418 ===
Scotty: Wow, I feel like we just won the lottery.
Kevin: Well, we don't know what the offer is yet. I'm not even sure we should take it.
Scotty: What? Do the words "gift horse" mean anything to you?
Kevin: Look, Scotty, Ojai is our family business, okay? It's always been there. It's like a safety net. And I want that for our kids.
Scotty: What kids? Kevin, right now, we have two frozen blasts and a lot of debt.
Kevin: We're supposed to be positive.
Scotty: I'm so positive. I'm reading The Secret. I'm putting good vibes into the universe. But this is our last chance. You know, if Monday's transfer doesn't work, that's it. We're done. A hundred thousand dollars down the tubes.
Kevin: That's your version of staying positive?
Scotty: I just want us to have kids so badly. If this doesn't take, we're gonna have to pay for a whole other round and...
Kevin: Look, I would love the cash, okay? But I'm not gonna sign anything until I know the facts. And, you know, there's something wrong here.
Scotty: Why would your mother try to cover it up? I mean, you guys all know he wasn't exactly the most upstanding businessman. And, you know, besides, he's dead.
Kevin: What if this is about Tommy? I'm serious. What if he convinced Mom to sell the company so he could pay off his debts?
Scotty: Not everything is Tommy's fault.
Kevin: I know. Know what? I'm just not gonna be comfortable until we know the truth.
Scotty: All right. To a good transfer.
Kevin: And an easy thaw.

=== 419 ===
Scotty: Okay, why are you telling me about something that happened 20 years ago?
Sarah: Because, Scotty, there was a fight. Apparently, Kevin hit Aaron.
Scotty: Okay, will someone please just tell me what's going on?
Saul: Scotty, Scotty, Aaron fell. He was paralyzed. Kevin found out today.
Scotty: Oh, my God, that's why he wasn't there. We had our, uh, second implantation today. I waited with Michelle for two hours.
Sarah: Oh, God.
Scotty: I kept telling the doctor, "He'll be here, just give him ten more minutes." I mean, he didn't even call. Do you know where he is now?
Sarah: No.
Saul: No, we have no idea. That's why we came here.
Sarah: I wanna sell Ojai.
Saul: What are you talking about? The secret is out, Sarah. York has no leverage.
Sarah: It's not about York, Saul. It's about Kevin, it's about this family. We're just... We're paying too high a price. I don't want anything else to do with Dad, his secrets...
Saul: That's ridiculous. You're just...
Tommy: She's right. Enough with protecting this legacy. Let's just be free of it.
Scotty: Oh, my God, are you okay?
Kevin: What? What the hell is this? Why are you even here?
Sarah: We couldn't find you. Scotty didn't know about Aaron, so we filled him in.
Kevin: Oh, really? Did you tell him how Dad covered it all up by paying the family for years, and when he died, Mom took over? Did you tell him that?
Saul: Come on, Kevin, she was in a terrible position. What would you have her do?
Kevin: Please, please do not do that, Saul, because she is as bad as my father. Actually, she's worse, she pretended to be above it. What have I done?
Scotty: Kevin, it is not your fault.
Kevin: I ruined his life, Scotty. He was a kid. Oh, my God, the implantation. I'm so sorry.
Scotty: It's okay.
Kevin: It's not okay, l...
Scotty: Yes, it is. I went through with it.
Kevin: You did?
Scotty: We had to. We would have lost the embryos. Kevin.
Sarah: Kevin, wait.
Saul: Kevin.
Tommy: Kev...
Kevin: Look. Look, I'm, uh, really sorry. I thought coming home would help, but I can't breathe. I just need some air. I just need some air. I will call you, I'm fine.

Scotty: You know, I think it's really amazing that you talked to Aaron today.
Kevin: But he's right. This is something I have to deal with alone. I just don't know how.
Kitty: You know, Kev, I had to go to the hospital this morning. They gave me a test to see if my cancer came back.
Scotty: Are you having any symptoms?
Kitty: No, no, it's just a standard procedure. I'm still waiting for the results. But the point is, is I don't know whether they're gonna be good or bad. And if they're good, I suppose that means that somebody else is gonna get a call saying that their cancer's back.
Kevin: It's not the same. You didn't cause that.
Kitty: Well, that's true. But what happened to Aaron was an accident too. Why he fell the way he did and why you didn't... Kev, there's no answer to it. Aw.

Kitty: Oh. It's Mom.
Kevin: I'm not here.
Kitty: Hi, Mom. Uh, yeah, yeah, he's here. He's, uh... He's doing okay. What? You're kidding me. Ha, ha. Well, yeah. Of course. Well, yeah. Yes, Mom, I said that I would tell him. But you need to let me get off the phone.
Kevin: What?
Kitty: Well, you're never gonna believe this. Our baby brother got married.
Kevin: You're right, I don't believe it.
Kitty: It's true, and they're all up at the old house in Ojai and they're having a dinner.
Kevin: Oh, no.
Kitty: Uh-uh. Kev. Kev, you gotta go.
Kevin: No.
Kitty: Oh, yes, Kevin, we have to go.
Scotty: Your brother got married.

Holly: Rebecca, I always wanted the perfect wedding for you. The flowers, the music and the dress. And you'd think that I would be a little upset about not being invited to my only child's wedding. But sweetie, I have never seen you happier. And Justin, I want to thank you for taking such good care of my little girl. Every time I see you looking at her as if she is the center of your world, I am so happy that you can be part of our family.
Justin: Thank you.
Holly: Oh, and Rebecca, I talked to your father and he told me to tell you that you're gonna have to do this all over again, because he is determined to walk you down the aisle.
Holly: Cheers.
Tommy: Cheers.
Kevin: Cheers.
Nora: Cheers.
Justin: Cheers.
Saul: Cheers.
Sarah: Okay, Justin, you really are an amazing little brother. We can always count on you for compassion and kindness and you're also a handful. Come on, let's face it, you've made more than your fair share of mistakes, but you always come back to what matters. Love, and family.
Justin: Cheers.
Kitty: Cheers.
Sarah: Cheers.
Robert: Cheers.
Justin: Uh, a special cheers to the senator for bailing out our mothers out of jail.
Sarah: Hear, hear.
Robert: I have photos.
All: Ha, ha!
Robert: Yes, I'll delete them for the campaign, but how about that, huh?
Kitty: Oh, my God!
Sarah: Oh, my God.
Sarah: Can you text it to me before you delete it?
Nora: That is awful. I hate you.
Kevin: Oh, my God.
Kitty: Hello? Oh, hi, Dr. Avadon.
Nora: Who is ready for some cake?
Justin: Me.
Sarah: Me.
Kevin: Um, actually, I'd like to say something first. Um... I guess if there's one thing I've learnt recently is, uh, nothing makes sense in this world. It's a mystery to me how anything happens, but it's what we do about it that counts.
♪ I Shall Be Released ♪ by Jack Johnson ♪ Listen
Kevin: How you both met, that was fate. But that doesn't mean it was easy and a lot of things came between you and your love. But you showed faith in each other and in the future. And that's what I'd like to toast. To trusting that the end is worth it and never letting go of its promise.
Tommy: Cheers.
***: Cheers.
Justin: Thank you, Kevin.
Kevin: Cheers.
Justin: Kitty, what's wrong?
Kitty: Nothing. Nothing. It was... That was, um... That was really beautiful, Kev.
Justin: Kitty, what's going on?
Kitty: Uh... Well, I, uh... I just, uh... I just got my results from my first-look cancer checkup. And I'm cancer-free.
All: Oh!
Kitty: I'm in remission.
Sarah: Oh, Kitty, didn't I say? Oh, sib hug, sib hug. Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment