Saturday 8 May 2010

Season 4 Episode 23

Lights Out
First Aired: 08/May/2010
<< S4E22S4E24 >>
Kitty: Now this is a winner. "A lot of people think I'm running for my husband's Senate seat to prove that I'm as good as he is. Actually, we just didn't wanna lose the health insurance".
Kevin: You see, that's hilarious.
Kitty: No, Kevin, it's terrible. It's absolutely terrible. Scotty, is that funny?
Scotty: I don't think so.
Kevin: Scotty.
Scotty: I'm sorry. I think these jokes are lame.
Kevin: I paid good money for these jokes.
Kitty: Yeah, well, they must have been having a 2-for-1 sale.
Scotty: At the lame-joke store.
Kevin: This guy's like the top Hollywood joke writer.
Kitty: Yeah. Hollywood, Florida.
Scotty: That's funny.
Kitty: Well, thank you.
Kevin: Oh, here's one. Oh, this is good. "Now that my husband has decided not to run for re-election, he's always asking me to cook his favorite dish: Lame duck soup".
Kitty: Chemotherapy was more amusing than that.
Scotty: That was funny. She is funny. Why don't you think she's funny?
Kitty: Yeah, Kevin. Why don't you think I'm funny?
Kevin: You are funny, but in a smartass-y type of way. Is that what you want? You wanna stand up at the Gold Rush and be a smartass?
Kitty: All right. Fine. I'm trying. I really am. It's just that this is not my thing. Okay. Oh, here's one. Um, "Bill Clinton, the Dalai Lama, and Mick Jagger are teaming up at the Pebble..."
Kevin: "Teeing" up.
Kitty: Oh. Oh, wait a minute. They're golfing.
Kevin: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Kitty: Oh, this could be good. Okay, we've got the Dalai Lama. We've got Mick Jagger.

Tommy: I can't believe they're valuing Dad's desk at 30 bucks.
Nora: Well, look at it. I don't think it's worth anything to anyone but us.
Tommy: Do you remember that wood-burning kit you got me when I was 10?
Nora: Yes, I do because you went around burning your initials into every wooden object you came near. Ah!
Tommy: I was staking my claim early.
Saul: You know what, sweetheart? I think that you should have this desk. Your father would have wanted you to.
Kitty: Hey.
Nora: What...?
Justin: Hey.
Nora: What...? Hi. What about your event?
Kitty: I decided to let Robert cover for me. Is Sarah here?
Nora: She's on her way.
Kitty: Is she okay?
Nora: No, but I think she will be.
Sarah: Come here. Look at you. Oh, you really looking gorgeous.
Scotty: God, this is such an amazing space. Someone could renovate it and turn it into lofts.
Kevin: Honey, honey. Could you please shut up?
Nora: That's all right. That's all right. I'm reconciled.
Rebecca: I'm glad you came back. I wanted to talk about something.
Justin: If this about you getting that new job, I already know.
Rebecca: And?
Justin: And we gotta figure this out. Because this is serious. I feel like we're miles apart in where we wanna be with our lives, Rebecca. I didn't even know you were interested in this job.
Rebecca: You don't even know what the job is.
Justin: Okay, tell me about it.
Holly: Is everything okay with you two?
Justin: Uh, yeah. Yeah, it's fine.
Sarah: Oh, my God. What? Kitty. What happened to your dinner?
Kitty: I just decided to take pity on the audience and let Robert cover for me.
Nora: Well, we just all wanted to be here.
Sarah: Well, um, I'm glad you are all here because, you know there's a couple of things that I've wanted to say. The first is, I hope you can all forgive me.
Saul: Oh, please, please.
Nora: Oh, Sarah, would you stop?
Sarah: Okay, okay. Uh, well, the second is, we all know Dad was an Irish whiskey man. Um, I always kept a bottle at the house in case he stopped by. Kind of hoping that you could help me finish it.
Nora: That's a great idea.
Sarah: Mom.
Kitty: That is something I'm actually good at.
Nora: Uh, cups, cups. Cups.
Kitty: Tommy, get the cups.
Sarah: You know, um, I still have to fix up that whole truck mess.
Kevin: No. No, you don't. I spoke with Pedro this afternoon.
Sarah: Oh, God, I've gotta call him and apologize.
Kevin: No, you don't at all because he actually wants to buy the trucks himself. He and his brother wanna go into business. They wanna take some of the crew. So I showed them how to get a small-business loan They're ecstatic.
Sarah: Yeah?
Nora: Kevin, that's wonderful.
Kevin: Great symmetry, right? One family business closes, another one opens.
Kitty: Well, that story actually makes me wanna cry. To capitalism.
Sarah: Yeah.
Saul: I know what we should be drinking to. Come on, Sarah.
Sarah: No, I think you should do it, Uncle Saul.
Saul: To Ojai.
Sarah: To Ojai.
All: To Ojai.
Saul: Wow, this is a first.
Nora: What?
Saul: This family speechless.
Scotty: ♪ Of all the money that ere I had, I spent it in good company.
Scotty: And of all the harm that ere I've done, alas was done to none but me.
Scotty: And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall.
Scotty: So fill to me the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.
Scotty: But since it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not.
Scotty: I gently rise and I'll softly call, "Goodnight and joy be with you all!"
Scotty: And so it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not.
Scotty: I simply raise my glass and call, "Goodnight and joy be with you all!" ♪

Sarah: Good night, Ojai Foods.
Scotty: ♪ And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall.
Scotty: So fill to me the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all. ♪


No comments:

Post a Comment