Sunday 2 May 2010

Season 4 Episode 22

Love All
First Aired: 02/May/2010
<< S4E21S4E23 >>
Saul: Look, we could maybe start with crepe?
Scotty: Have you been to one of those crepe places?
Saul: No, but I've thought about it.
Scotty: Well, I want people to do more than just consider eating at our restaurant.
Kevin: How serious are you guys about this?
Scotty: Ask him. He's the one with the money.
Saul: Well, I've often thought about opening a restaurant and this would be a perfect time.
Kevin: What about a wine bar? You know, with the big taps?
Scotty: Well we talked about that but it requires a liquor license. That takes forever.
Kevin: Okay, fine. Don't sell booze. Don't expect our family to show up.
Saul: Excuse me. The point of this is not to feed our family. The point is to make some money.
Kevin: Well, when you need a lawyer to draw up contracts, give me a call.
Scotty: Sure. Maybe.
Kevin: Maybe? I was a corporate litigator for ten years. I think I can draw up a property contract.
Scotty: Of course you can. I just meant that hopefully you'll be busy doing something else by then.
Kevin: I'm busy doing something else today. Sarah, who wants my help, asked me to look over the drilling contract. So good luck with your restaurant. I have work to do.
Saul: Kevin, don't be upset.
Kevin: I'm not upset, I'm just busy.

Saul: Mm! These biscotti are amazing. I feel like I'm sitting on a piazza in Florence.
Scotty: God, I'm good.
Saul: Yeah.
Kevin: Hello, boys. Ooh, working on our menu?
Saul: Kevin, you have to taste these biscotti, they're fantastic.
Kevin: I can't, I'm in training.
Scotty: I thought you were working on contracts. Where have you been, Wimbledon?
Kevin: Maybe, next year. I whizzed through my contracts. Then I tripped the light fantastic at the Altadena Country Club.
Saul: You're kidding. They let you back in after the incident?
Kevin: Ugh, that was one stupid harassment suit from a disgruntled tennis pro. Oh, and guess what.
Saul: What?
Kevin: Kev-rah lives.
Scotty: Kev-rah?
Saul: Don't ask.
Kevin: You should have seen us on the court today, Uncle Saul. Like riding a bicycle. I was Venus to Sarah's Serena.
Scotty: Were Venus and Serena drinking? Because you seem very relaxed all of a sudden.
Kevin: Mm, actually, I did have a glass of wine with lunch. You know what I've realized? I've worked since I was 15. That's 23 years without a break. And for what?
Scotty: Money.
Kevin: Yeah, and I'll work again. But no one's exactly beating down the door to hire me. So you know what? This might be a blessing in disguise. No one actually needs my help, not even you guys.
Scotty: If you wanna get involved in the restaurant, you can. I just assumed that you...
Kevin: No, no, no. That's your passion. Now I have my own passion.
Saul: Really? And what might that be?
Kevin: Tennis. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and soak because I need to be nice, loose and limber for my big game tomorrow. Kev-rah for match point. Walker serves. Aces. Crowd goes wild. Who knew unemployment could be so much fun?

Kevin: Mmmm, that feels good.
Scotty: Andy Roddick passed out on my couch.
Kevin: Hmm. Roger Federer is a better player.
Scotty: Yeah, but Roddick is cuter.
Kevin: Oh, I'm flattered. But we both lost a big game.
Scotty: Well, I bet you played hard and gave it your all.
Kevin: Why are you being so nice to me?
Scotty: Maybe I feel guilty. I haven't exactly been paying attention to you lately.
Kevin: That's all right. I'm not a child. Although I have been behaving like one recently. We're having a baby in seven months. I need to get a job, any job.
Scotty: It's not about the job.
Kevin: Okay, I need to make money.
Scotty: It's not really about the money either. You need a purpose. And it's not tennis.
Kevin: Can we just leave all the purpose to you? Just for a moment? I really want you to open this restaurant. Maybe that's my purpose, encouraging you.
Scotty: Do you know what I miss?
Kevin: What?
Scotty: The old Kevin Walker who ran towards his purpose.
Kevin: So why am I running away from it now?
Scotty: Because you don't know what it is. And you hate uncertainty.
Kevin: At least I'm certain of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment