Sunday 14 November 2010

Season 5 Episode 8

The Rhapsody of the Flesh
First Aired: 14/Nov/2010
<< S5E7S5E9 >>
Justin: What? Hello. There's...
Kimberly: Don't you worry. It's only me.
Justin: There is no such thing as only you, Kimberly.
Kimberly: Mm?
Justin: Boy, this is bizarre. It's not my birthday.
Kimberly: Mnh-mnh.
Justin: You're not holding a cake.
Kimberly: Mm.
Justin: You lock the door?
Kimberly: No. Oh!
Scotty: Oh, gosh. Oh. Oh. I am so sorry. I'm so sorry! Justin, is the bar set up for the lunch rush?
Justin: Uh, you know, not yet. I was looking for olives, but we're out, uh, so I was just trying to get some.
Scotty: Well, you know, time's wastin', so chop chop.
Justin: Yep. Be right there.
Scotty: All right.
Justin: Oh.

Kevin: He invited you at 9 for a 10 o'clock TV show?
Nora: Well, he's a shrink. Maybe he's only comfortable in 45-minute increments.
Kevin: I know you wanna take this to the next level. I don't think that even counts as a level. That's like the elevator stalled between floors.
Nora: We did agree to be friends early on.
Kevin: Mom, you love your job. You enjoy Karl's company. If you get into a romantic relationship, and one of you gets hurt, then you've lost a friend and screwed up your work situation.
Nora: What if he is actually the man of my dreams, and... and I miss my chance?
Kevin: You know what? I'm in over my head.
Nora: Why don't you ask Sarah? Well, I can't ask Sarah. If this deal goes through, then she'll be my boss. She'll be his boss.
Kevin: Mom, I gotta go. I'm sorry. I'm hosting lunch, and I've accidentally overbooked the reservations.
Nora: Where's Saul?
Kevin: Wine convention, Napa. And since this is Justin's first double shift behind the bar, and I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, Scotty's a little freaked out.
Nora: Honey, well, just pretend you have people skills. Uh, I-I gotta go. Talk to you later.
Kevin: Bye, mom.
Justin: Um, Angie, have you met my brother Kevin?
Angie: Uh, nice to meet you.
Kevin: Nice to meet you. My God, your hands are cold. You okay?
Angie: We were in the walk-in cooler for a while.
Scotty: Getting beer.
Kevin: Yeah. It can take a while. You don't want to startle the beer by moving it too fast.
Angie: I should get back to the kitchen.
Kevin: I'll come with you.
Angie: Talk to you later.
Justin: Bye, sweetie.
Kevin: Talk to you later.

Kevin: I just sat my first two patrons.
Scotty: Yeah, I saw that. You put them at a 4-top instead of a deuce. You can't do that when we're overbooked. You only put 2 people at a 4-top when there are no empty deuces. Oh, and I need you to tell everybody on the floor we're eighty-six on the Dover sole.
Kevin: Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about right now, but I'm incredibly turned on.
Scotty: Well, apparently, both of you Walker boys find restaurant work arousing.
Kevin: You know about Justin?
Scotty: Yeah, I caught him making out in the storage room this morning.
Kevin: Oh, my God. He's dedicated.
Scotty: Yeah.
Kevin: He finished up his hanky-panky in the walk-in cooler.
Scotty: I just hope he knows what he's doing. That Kimberly girl is a little wacky.
Kevin: I thought her name was Angie.
Scotty: Angie... my sous-chef? No wonder she keeps disappearing.
Kevin: Who's Kimberly?
Scotty: Kimberly's the waitress with the southern accent and the gun collection.
Kevin: Are you serious?
Scotty: Yeah. You need to talk to him. Tell him to knock it off. I can't have him two-timing my staff.
Kevin: How many guns?
Scotty: I don't know. She's from Texas. Kevin, you gotta get out there.
Kevin: Okay, wish me luck.
Scotty: If you see Angie, tell her I need her in the kitchen now.
Kevin: All right. You might wanna hide the knives.

Kevin: And someone named Jennifer called, twice, on the reservation line.
Justin: Jennifer?
Kevin: Mm.
Justin: You have a last name?

Kevin: Uh, no. Why, is there more than one Jennifer?
Justin: There can never be enough Jennifers.
Kevin: Okay, you know what? You're actually now out of control. You are multi-tonguing two different women behind every closed door in this restaurant. Now you have Jennifers coming out of your ears. You wanna tell me what's going on?
Justin: I don't know what's going on. I'm not doing anything different. It feels like I'm in a "Girls Gone Wild" video.
Kevin: Oh, come on.
Justin: No, I'm serious. I'm not even hitting on these girls. They're just coming on to me. It's like I'm giving off, like... like a musk or something... Or the army did some breeding experiment on me. It's awesome.
Kevin: Would you listen to yourself?
Justin: Kevin, there's something going on. I don't know what it is, but I'm certainly not gonna stop it.
Kevin: You have to stop, okay? Because you've had your fun.
Justin: No. Okay? I haven't had my fun. Look, Captain happy is finally remembering What it's like to be single.
Kevin: You named your penis Captain Happy? Will the straight clich ever end?
Justin: Oh, I don't know. Why don't you ask little big man?
Kevin: I can't believe I told you that.
Justin: You didn't tell me. You told Tommy, and then Tommy told me.
Kevin: Here's the thing... Scotty is freaking out there's gonna be some kind of catfight in the dish room, okay?
Justin: Tell him not to be nervous. All right? I have this figured out. Angie works lunches, and Kimberly now works the dinner shift. They're never gonna cross paths.
Kevin: Is it too much to ask you schedule your hookups on your own time?
Justin: Oh, Kev... No, that's fine. That's fair.
Kevin: Thank you. I forget. What was Tommy's?
Justin: The magnificent seven.
Kevin: Yeah, right. He wishes.

Justin: Angie!
Angie: Hey.
Justin: Hi. I didn't... I didn't know you were working tonight.
Angie: Yeah, I'm covering for Nick.
Justin: Yeah, I...
Angie: I brought you some hot tea for your throat. I put honey and... and lemon in it.
Justin: Uh, for... for my throat?
Angie: Yeah. Kevin said you were coming down with the flu.
Justin: Oh, he did? No, no, no. He totally has me confused with someone else.
Angie: So you're not getting a cold sore?
Justin: A cold... No! I'm not getting a cold sore. No. My lips are totally fine.
Angie: Oh! Okay. That's a relief.
Justin: Yeah.

Kevin: What did you say to them?!
Justin: Nothing. Kevin, I'm doing my job. I'm being friendly.
Scotty: What happened?
Kevin: I had a party of four women waiting for a table. When I go to seat them, all of a sudden, they're no longer hungry. They wanna eat peanuts at the bar. Okay.
Scotty: So now I'm losing customers. Justin, this has to stop.
Kevin: Yeah.
Justin: You guys act like I can control this.
Kimberly: Justin?
Justin: Hey.
Kimberly: Are you okay?
Justin: Yeah.
Kimberly: Do you have a fever? Oh, let me feel your forehead, you poor baby.
Justin: Kimberly, I'm fine. Thank you.
Kimberly: I don't know. You feel a little warm to me. Then again, I think you always run a little hot.
Scotty, Kevin: Ooh!
Kevin: Uh, Kimberly, you know what? Table seven...
Scotty: Uh, Angie, would you mind going to the storeroom...
Kevin: ... needs, uh, more water right now. Thank you.
Scotty: ... getting me some lentils? Thanks.
Kevin: Great.
Scotty: Go home.
Justin: What?
Scotty: You heard me. Out of here.
Justin: Look, that fever thing is Kevin's fault.
Scotty: Take over the bar.
Kevin: What?!
Scotty: Justin, leave through the back door and don't speak to anyone.
Justin: Scotty, you're acting like this is my fault.
Scotty: Go!
Justin: Okay.
Kevin: Way to go, Captain Happy.
Scotty: Now!

Justin: Hey, mom. It's, uh, it's Justin. And I just wanna let you know that I put everyone's keys in the breakfast nook 'cause I didn't want anyone driving. And I hope you're all feeling better this morning. And again, I'm really, really sorry about last night. All right. Love you, mom. Bye. Hey.
Scotty: Kevin told me, uh, things got pretty wild at your mom's.
Justin: Yeah.
Scotty: Apparently, Sarah's pretty pissed.
Justin: I know. Aw, man.
Scotty: Justin, um, is everything okay?
Justin: Yeah. God, look, it's just, I... I feel like I've been under such stress and that I'm finally able to be myself and... and relax a little bit for the first time in a long time. And, you know, I don't know, I got a little carried away, and I didn't stop and think how it could affect other people, like you. So... Scotty, I'm sorry.
Scotty: I appreciate that. And not to be a hypocritical boss, but I am officially putting a moratorium on workplace hookups.
Justin: I endorse that 100%, and I will come clean with Angie and Kimberly.
Scotty: Good. You know about, um, her gun collection, right?
Justin: Gun collection?
Scotty: Kimberly.
Justin: Gun, like, real?
Scotty: Real.
Justin: Wow.

Justin: Hey.
Kevin: Hey.
Justin: So... I'm here to apologize to you.
Kevin: You don't have to apologize to me. You should talk to Kimberly and Angie and mom.
Justin: I did already. All right? I get it. I was a jerk. You were right.
Kevin: Well, I was a little hard on you. I am slightly sensitive about people having workplace dalliances with the waitstaff.
Justin: Yeah, I can understand that. But you... you and Scotty are better, right?
Kevin: We're getting through it... you know, good days and bad.
Justin: Well, look, I mean, you are very lucky to have a marriage where you're both willing to work on it.
Kevin: I don't know how lucky I felt at the time. Anyway, you're the one who's turned getting lucky into an art form.
Justin: Yes, but I put Captain happy on probation.
Kevin: Yeah. You still working the lunch shift?
Justin: Yes, but this is my final week. I gave Scotty my notice.
Kevin: Oh.
Justin: Funny. I don't think he's gonna miss me.
Kevin: Don't take it too bad. He fired me, so I'm gonna sue him.
justin: All right.
Kevin: Oh, hey.
Justin: Yeah?
Kevin: What's Luc's mom like?
Justin: Oh, she's hot.
Kevin: Down, boy.
Justin: Right. Ugh.
Scotty: Good.

♪ Breathe Again ♪ by Sara Bareilles ♪ Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment