Sunday 29 October 2006

Season 1 Episode 6

For the Children
First Aired: 29/Oct/2006
<< S1E5S1E7 >>
Kevin: You know, it's, it's kind of stuffy and pretentious, but the drinks are free and it's an excuse to dress up.
Scotty: Sadly, I can't. I'm... I'm actually working on that event.
Kevin: You're kidding.
Scotty: I wish I were.
Kevin: Can you get someone to fill in?
Scotty: It's not that. It's... It's kind of a lot of money, Kevin.
Kevin: Oh, OK. Well, how much do you make on a night like that, 200, 300 max? You know, I could reimburse you for lost wages.
Scotty: I'm starting to feel a little insulted.
Kevin: Oh, oh, come on. That's, that's not why... You know, it's just, it's kind of a big deal for me, you know. My whole family will be there. I would, I would like to have you sitting next to me, you know, not serving ahi on toast.
Scotty: Now I'm officially insulted.
Kevin: Oh, stopping so...
Scotty: Stopping so what? You offered to pay me to be your date.
Kevin: It's not your primary job.
Scotty: Whether it's my day or night job doesn't matter. I'm a cater waiter. You're going out with a cater waiter. Unlike you, I take it seriously.

Nora: I'll talk to you later. Kevin, Scotty's here. He's working. You should talk to him.
Kevin: Yes, I will. Thank you, Mom. Excuse me.

Scotty: They look hungry at Camelot.
Kevin: Could we please talk for a second?
Scotty: I'm actually working right now, and you don't want to get caught talking to the help.
Kevin: OK, you're still mad. I get it.
Scotty: Yeah, well at the moment, I have to make sure that everyone at Pippin gets their drinks. We'll talk about it later. OK?
Kevin: Could I have one?
Scotty: I'm not your waiter. Get it yourself.

Sarah: Oh, Kevin. Did you see Scotty is here?
Kevin: Yeah, I know, I know. Thank you.

Kevin: Amber, you do wanna... dance?
Amber: Sure. I love old music.

Kevin: Look, I know we barely know each other, but could you, could you please be honest with me?
Amber: Sure. I'm a bad liar anyway.
Kevin: If you were kind of dating this guy and he said he would pay for you not to come as a catering waiter to this event tonight but as his date, is... is... is that so bad?
Amber: Yes.
Kevin: OK, let me rephrase that. If a guy you were kind of dating...
Amber: You can't buy someone's time. It's all tied to pride and the work ethic, like Sigmund Freud said.
Kevin: What did Freud say?
Amber: He said, "Love and work are the cornerstones of our humanness."
Kevin: Wow. Do people underestimate you a lot?
Amber: It goes with the hair.

Kevin: So it was a bad idea offering to pay?
Tyler: Not if the person you offered to pay is a hooker.
Kevin: Yeah, you're right. Oh, La Bamba is my cue to leave any dance floor immediately. Sorry. Go, twinkle toes.
Tyler: I think your brother is getting very drunk.
Justin: I know, and it's so cool it's not me, right?

Scotty: I'm on a professional level, I'm asking you, please leave me alone right now.
Kevin: Look, all I wanted to do was to take you to a nice dress-up party with my family, and I was just turned into a quagmire.
Scotty: Can we talk about this later when you are sober and I'm not at work?
Kevin: I never get like this, OK? I never lose control over anyone.
Scotty: I'm supposed to be flattered?
Kevin: Yes. So could you please forgive me so I can stop getting drunk? I promise, I'll never offer to pay for anything ever again. Not a dinner or a movie or not even a parking meter.
Scotty: OK. Enough. I forgive you.
Kevin: Really?
Manager: Scotty Wandell. That's it. You're fired.
Kevin: It's OK. Wait here. Even wasted, I can handle this one.
Manager: Stations four and five need bussing! Look, I am sorry to fire your little boyfriend back there...
Kevin: Scott's not just my little boyfriend, he's also my client. I'm an attorney.
Manager: Look, don't make this thing with gay thing. I'd have done the same if you were a chick.
Kevin: Would all your employees past and present confirm that? I tell you what, first thing tomorrow morning, we'll be asking all of them. I'll do that after scheduling the depositions. And I'll leave yours to last 'cause you'll be way too busy answering interrogatories we'll be serving.
Manager: Maybe I should've given Scott a warning first. My fault.
Kevin: Maybe. But speaking as a guest, Scott's a really hard worker. So if I were you, I'd give him a raise.

♪ The World Unseen ♪ by Rosanne Cash ♪ Listen 
Sarah: Oh...
Scotty: Compliments of the management.
Sarah: Fabulous.
Justin: Hey, all, what's the skinny?
Nora: Scotty, how nice.
Joe: Would you care to dance?
Sarah: No, honey I don't wanna go inside.
Joe: Who said anything about going back inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment