Sunday 26 April 2009

Season 3 Episode 22

Julia
First Aired: 26/Apr/2009
<< S3E21S3E23 >>
Kevin: Right, so when Oxford-Stanton financial went out of business, they sold the loan to The Pioneer Highland Trust Company, who in turn sold the loan to you, am I right?
Kevin: I would say I have a very strong case to say my client couldn't find you people to make her house payments.
Kevin: No, of course I'm not being funny. I'm being deadly serious. These are human beings who are having trouble...
Kevin: And that's it? That's the only way you'll stop the foreclosure?
Kevin: Okay, fine. Just give me the exact amount.
Kevin: Right. I'll deliver it today.
Scotty: You're writing a check?
Kevin: Yeah. It's... it's the only way. I've tried everything else.
Scotty: How much? $16,400? Jeez, Kevin.
Kevin: What? It's a loan. We'll get paid back.
Scotty: By whom... Tommy? I'm sorry, Kevin, but I've worked hard so we can set aside some savings, not so I can become another victim in your brother's midlife crisis.
Kevin: What am I supposed to do, watch Julia and Elizabeth get evicted? They might have to go back to Phoenix.
Scotty: Is that what this is about, your desperate need to hold on to Elizabeth?
Kevin: No, it's about helping my brother's family. You know what? I'll take it out of my 41k. It won't cost you a cent.

Scotty: I'm sorry I reacted that way about the money. I know you were just trying to make sure they're gonna be okay.
Kevin: You had every reason to be worried about the money.
Scotty: But I'm not. I mean, I am, a little. It's you I'm worried about.
Kevin: I'm fine. You know, I'm just a little tired of feeling I have to make up for Tommy being such a failure as a father. I did everything he wanted. I was a sperm donor when I had some serious reservations about it. He was so eager for a child, and he promised me I wouldn't have to find out who the biological father was. Then he made me sign this... stupid contract saying I'd never tell Elizabeth the truth, all under this promise of being a great father. And then he left.
Scotty: He'll come back... Eventually.
Kevin: It doesn't matter. Too much has happened. Even if he did come back, I could never forgive him. It's over.
Scotty: Kevin, I am so sorry.

Scotty: Mmm. Nora, is this wild King Salmon?
Nora: Yes, flown in fresh today from Seattle in honor of Julia.
Sarah: Hey, Julia, the house... any interest yet?
Julia: Not yet. But thanks to Kevin, I can wait for a decent offer.
Sarah: Oh, well done.
Nora: Kitty, would you like me to make a plate for Robert? I have some chicken soup.
Saul: Why, is Robert sick?
Kevin: No.
Kitty: Well, yeah... no, he is.
Kevin: No, he's not.
Kitty: Yes, he is. Yeah, he has a cold.
Kevin: Well, he called me 12 times today. He didn't sound sick.
Kitty: He has a cold.
Kevin: He didn't sound sick to me.
Kitty: Excuse me. I'm actually gonna call him and, uh, see if he's feeling any better.
Saul: Sarah, when does Ryan start?
Sarah: Oh.
Justin: Start what?
Sarah: Ryan's gonna be working at Ojai. He starts Monday.
Justin: You are kidding me.
Sarah: What?
Justin: Well, don't tell me he's a shareholder now, too.
Sarah: Oh, yeah.
Nora: I think it's great. He's interested in the family business.
Justin: That's great, mom. Why don't you just hand him keys to the entire kingdom?
Sarah: Oh, just settle down. The only keys he's gonna have is to the loading dock. What's your problem?
Justin: The kid's a... the kid's a fake, all right? I can't believe you guys are buying into his act. He has all you women clucking around like you're... you're female chickens.
Nora: Hens, dear.
Justin: Does Rebecca know?
Sarah: Yeah, I heard her clucking.
Justin: That's really funny.
Sarah: Anyone want more wine?
Julia: I'll have some.
Kevin: Yes, please.
Scotty: Thank you.
Nora: Bring two bottles.

Saul: Can I tell you something, Kevin? This chilean chardonnay... it's the best thing I've ever tasted.
Kevin: I know. It doesn't have that overpowering oak taste.
Sarah: Oh, excuse me. Is that a little slight against Walker Landing?
Kevin: I just wanted Julia to have a night free of Tommy reminders.
Sarah: Ooops. I'm sorry, Julia.
Julia: No, it's okay. He is pretty much the elephant in the room.
Nora: Will all of you please just behave? Sorry, Julia. Tonight is your dinner.
Julia: No, don't apologize. I'm actually gonna miss these dinners.
Kevin: You know, I hear the people in Seattle... they're much nicer than we are.
Scotty: Yeah, they're almost Canadian.
Sarah: Almost.
Kevin: Yes.
Julia: I'd like to propose a toast.
Kevin: No, absolutely not, because tonight we're toasting you.
Sarah: Yeah.
Nora: Yes.
All: To Julia.
Julia: No, I want to toast all of you. I never get to do that at these dinners.
Kitty: Well, that's because Kevin never let you get a word in edgewise.
Kevin: Oh, shut up.
Saul: That's not true. You always interrupted.
Justin: Oh...
Saul: It's Okay.
Sarah: Stop talking.
Julia: This move is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. But I've watched all of you make really hard decisions in your lives. You've gotten through them by supporting each other, and that's what you've done for me. And I know that you'll do that for Tommy, too, whatever happens. So really this is a toast to all of you and to making hard choices.
All: To hard choices.
Julia: Cheers.
All: Cheers.
Scotty: Okay, I'm gonna let go before I start to cry. I can't believe you're leaving me with these crazy Walkers.
Julia: Well, we'll always have Facebook.
Scotty: I'll, uh, wait for you in the car.
Kevin: Okay.
Scotty: Bye.
Julia: Bye, Scotty.
Julia: Kevin, I just want to say, thank you so much.
Kevin: I eat mortgage brokers for lunch.
Julia: I've made a decision. I'm gonna tell Elizabeth the truth. You gave her life twice, and you and she are connected, and I... I gotta make sure it stays that way.
Kevin: Thank you.
Nora: Ah, I couldn't find her other blankie.
Julia: Oh, I found it. It's in her bag.
Nora: Oh, is everyone gone?
Kevin: Yeah, it's just us.
Julia: Hi, baby.
Nora: You want to go to mama?
Julia: Come here, baby girl.
Nora: I've been dreading this moment.
Julia: I know. Me, too.
Kevin: Bye, baby girl. Bye, mama.
Julia: Bye.
Nora: Why don't we help you to the car?
Julia: Oh, no, no, it's fine. I gotta learn to do this myself, right? All right. Bye.
♪ Drean ♪ by Priscilla Ahn ♪ Listen
Nora: Bye.
Julia: Bye. Can you say bye bye?
Nora: Bye bye.
Julia: That's a good girl. All right. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment