Sunday 31 January 2010

Season 4 Episode 14

The Pasadena Primary
First Aired: 31/Jan/2010
<< S4E13S4E15 >>
Scotty: I bet they turn this place into a clothing store after we leave.
Nora: Scotty, this place is not gonna close. It's just a slow time.
Scotty: No, they're gonna put the jeans over there, and the sweater rack over there for the lightweight knits.
Nora: Are we gonna stand around and have a pity party all afternoon or are you gonna help me with this event?
Scotty: Honestly?
Nora: Oh, Scotty, listen to me. You have a full house tomorrow night. You have two great guest chefs, the mayor and me.
Scotty: Yeah.
Nora: And it's gonna be fabulous. And gray skies are gonna clear up. Sunny days ahead, you'll see.
Scotty: Hello. Optimistic? Okay. Thank you. So much for sunny days. That's the mayor and he's snowed in, in Chicago. They booked him on a flight tomorrow and they're optimistic he can make it on time. Even God wants this restaurant to close.
Nora: Just stop. Let's not panic, okay? We're gonna...
Kevin: What's wrong with him?
Nora: He's a little low. Would you remind him that this restaurant is his baby? You can't give up on it.
Scotty: Oh, the baby.
Kevin: Mom, can you avoid using the B word? We find out Monday if Michelle's pregnant, we're all on edge.
Scotty: I'm not gonna be able to provide for a family. I'm gonna be in my car, with a baby.
Nora: No one is gonna be living in your car. You know what, let's be honest here, Scotty. You're just the head chef here. This puppy could go down and you could get another job anywhere just like that.
Kevin: But you won't have to because tomorrow night, we're all gonna wow Pasadena's finest with some culinary magic.
Scotty: No, not we. You're going to your reunion.
Nora: What reunion?
Scotty: His 20th reunion. He says he's not going.
Kevin: I'm not.
Nora: You're not going to your reunion?
Scotty: He's petrified.
Kevin: I'm not petrified, I'm disdainful. There's a difference.
Nora: He's petrified. He did not have a good high-school experience.
Kevin: Thanks, Scotty.

Nora: Oh, Scotty. Yeah, Scotty. The mayor what? Oh, no, Denver?
Scotty: They had to make an emergency landing.
Nora: Oh, God. Well, you know what? Just tell him to get on another flight. Bump someone. He's the mayor after all.
Scotty: I know, it's awful. Oh, hold on a second. Hello.
Robert: Hey, Scotty, it's Robert.
Scotty: Oh, hi, Robert. You know, now's not really a good time...
Robert: Hey, I hear you need a chef.
Nora: What are you doing?
Scotty: Yeah. How did you hear that?
Robert: I just want you to know that I am available and I can be there in an hour.
Nora: Put your hand over the phone.
Scotty: Really? Oh, yeah, that'd be fantastic. I mean, senator trumps mayor, right?
Nora: Put your hand over the phone.
Robert: Why don't I put us all on speakerphone? There you go, you got us both.
Nora: Hi, Scotty.
Scotty: All right, looks like we're back in business.
Nora: Yeah, isn't that lucky for us?
Robert: Listen, let's not waste time. Nora and I will get our stuff and we will be there shortly.
Nora: We'll be there soon.
Scotty: All right, I'll see you then. Bye. Thanks.

Scotty: Well, in front of you, you'll find the menus and the recipes. We're gonna start with a watermelon roasted salad, a lamb stew over polenta, and for dessert, a pumpkin bread pudding.
Nora: Scotty, I just want to say this. Are you really set on this regular feta? Sharp feta is so much more flavorful.
Robert: This cumin, you don't mind if I make a little tweak, do you?
Scotty: No.
Robert: Good. I was thinking of lessening it in favor of a little more coriander to make the flavor of the meat pop. It's a trick the Israeli prime minister taught me at the UN Food Summit last year.
Nora: Ah.
Scotty: Okay. Well, I mean, those both sound doable, so long as we otherwise stick to the menu I shopped for.
Nora: Absolutely. Absolutely.
Robert: Yeah, okay.
Nora: Okay, so...
Scotty: Well, you have everything you need, so I'll let you get to it.
Nora: Yeah. Here we go.
Robert: Thanks.
Nora: Yeah. Okay, so why don't I get started on the meat?
Robert: Whoa, whoa, wait, wait, wait a minute. That's the entr, my name's on it.
Nora: Well, all the more reason why I should probably cook it. Lamb can be very tricky. Why don't you put the water on for the polenta?
Robert: You want me to boil water?
Nora: Didn't the Israeli prime minister teach you how to do that?
Scotty: You know what, guys? I don't mean to interrupt here, but maybe you could share the lamb duties? A lot goes into it.
Robert: Excellent. Great idea. You know, he's really right about that. It's so much better this way. You and I, together, united front. Wow. I thought you had to check your weapons at the door.
Nora: Only a Republican would see these as weapons and not kitchen utensils.
Robert: You know, with Kitty in the Senate, you wouldn't have to conceal those bad boys.
Nora: Let's just stick to cooking tonight, all right?
Robert: I'm just saying.
Nora: Cook!

Scotty: Apps are a hit, you guys. Can't wait to taste that stew.
Robert: Just making a few improvements.
Nora: Too much coriander.
Robert: Correct. My bad. But it's gonna be great.
Scotty: Great. I'm sure it will be.

♪ Hard Times ♪ by The Jetzsons ♪ ♪ Listen
Kitty: There you are. I've been looking all over for you.
Kevin: Yeah, look, Kitty's here now. Are you gonna be okay? You sure? Okay, I love you too. Bye.
Kitty: What happened?
Kevin: The implantation didn't take. Michelle had her period.
Kitty: Oh, crap, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Kev.
Kevin: It's not the end of the world, we have more eggs.
Cindy: Hey, Kevin. Kevin! Lewinsky told us you're doing the whole surrogacy thing. Is that true?
Kevin: Yeah.
Cindy: Well, so did Marvin Kruger. Remember him?
Marvin: Hi.
Cindy: He's gay too.
Marvin: My partner and I had our twins about five years ago. Best thing that ever happened to us. I'm so happy for you guys.
Kevin: Thank you.
Cindy: Yay!
Kevin: Yay.

♪ Everybody ♪ by Ingrid Michaelson ♪ Listen
Scotty: It might help. You all right?
Kevin: You okay?
Scotty: Mm-hmm.
Kevin: I love you.
Scotty: I love you too.
Sarah: I can't stop eating these things. They're so good.
Justin: Lovebirds, come on. You're melting the ice cream out here.
Saul: Could we just please start this thing already?
Kitty: Stop being so grumpy about it.
Robert: We're having a re-vote.
Scotty: A re-vote?
Kevin: Okay, the election results are invalidated, so we're gonna do it again.
Kitty: Yes.
Kevin: Okay, let's get it over with.
Rebecca: All right, I'll get a paper and pen.
Nora: No, no, no. No paper and pen. This is not gonna be an anonymous vote, all right? We're gonna have it all out in the open. I'm not gonna be falsely accused again.
Saul: Okay.
Kevin: Fine. Kitty, you have the floor.
Kitty: Okay. All those in favor of me running for...
Nora: Aye!
Kitty: Of me running for Robert's Senate seat, say "Aye."
All: Aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment